Our Client is a software company based in US that provides cloud-native data protection solutions designed to help enterprise security teams detect insider risks to data that could lead to data leakage, data loss or insider threat breaches, and respond to them appropriately.
Client wanted to globalize their product. They wanted us to test their application for it and wanted our QA team to test their product’s functionality and user experience with localized content.
These were the main areas we had to plan for and strategize:
- Setting up environments (supported Operating Systems, supported Browsers, Installing supported language packs).
- Verifying that all the content is localized and then verifying the translated content in different supported locales.
- Testing basic functionality of the product.
- Keeping an eye on styling, indents, spaces & alignment everywhere in the product.
- Identifying broken links due to localization.
Solution & Approach
With well experienced testers in localization, we proposed a solution to ensure high quality of the application. The following approach and solutions were provided to meet the client’s expectations.
- An efficient test plan was prepared to cover Scope, Schedule, Environments to be used, Defect Management, Deadlines and Scenarios to be covered.
- A test matrix was created to cover complete functionality for all the supported locales.
- We had weekly sync-ups with client to provide the progress and keep everyone on the same page.
- We provided daily reporting with the progress.
- We performed testing of the application for the text with pseudo locales.
- We performed thorough functional testing of the application with localized content for all supported locales.
Benefits to the Client
- We could identify majority of the issues at an early stage of the testing that saved a lot of time of the client later.
- Building a test matrix for all the supported locales helped cover almost every module of the product.
- Proactivity of the testers helped resolving client's queries/issues quickly.
- A strong approach to carrying out testing activities helped deliver a high quality product with different supported locales.
- Win 8, Win 10 (with language packs), MacOS, Linux (Ubuntu 16, 18)
- Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Edge
- Deutsch, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Chinese, Thai, and Spanish
Google Translate (from web browser and mobile app) was used as and when needed.